|Focus:||A ball of animal fat|
- Limited Range (-1/4)
- Partial Transform (+1/2)
- Multiple Healing Options (-1/4)
- Advanced Form: Requires skill in Sarkus (-1/4)
- All Or Nothing (Must achieve a level of effect as defined under Transform Stages; -1/2)
- Spell (+0)
This spell alters the living flesh of the target to beyond the grotesque. As the victim suffers the effects of the Unforming, he becomes more and more greatly impaired until he is rendered an invalid. If chaotic energy continues to flow into the target he may ultimately be killed.
This spell targets a hit location completely at random.
The target is affected in stages based on the fraction of BODY that has suffered this transformation. When the effect is rolled the amount totaled must equal or exceed one of these stages or it has no effect. Successive spells can increase the effect stage but the damage rolled is not added to the previous roll… it is resolved independently.
Hands and Feet require half the listed BODY for each stage, and Arms and Legs require one-third the listed BODY for each stage. However, the actual amount of damage caused should be recorded for purposes of healing.
- 1/2x BODY: The targeted body part becomes oversized and mangled but is ultimately still functional. This results in a -2/2d6 on all Interaction skills, but may provide a bonus for fear and intimidation if used appropriately.
- 1x BODY: The targeted body part loses most of its utility. Arms: -5 STR and -1 to all actions with that arm; Legs: -4m Running and a DEX roll to stand each phase of more than a half-move; Hands: -2 to all actions with that hand plus a DEX roll to use any tool effectively each phase; Feet: -4m Running and -2 to all movement related DEX rolls; Head: -1 to all actions and -2 to PER; Chest/Stomach: no post segment 12 recoveries and -1 to all physical actions; Vitals: -1 to all actions and recoveries only once per minute.
- 1 1/2x BODY: The targeted body part is malformed so badly it is unusable. Arms: limb is unusable; Legs: -8m Running and a DEX roll -2 to stand each phase; Feet: -8m Running and -4 to all movement related DEX rolls; Head: character is blind, deaf, mute, an unable to smell or taste and is at -3 to all actions due to intense pain; Chest/Stomach: character loses (in value) 1d6 STR, CON, and STUN, 2d6 END, as well as 1/2d6 BODY and REC, -1 to all actions and -2 more to all physical actions, cannot recover during post segment 12, and cannot recover more than once per minute; Vitals: character is paralyzed and cannot recover more than once per minute.
- 2x BODY: The target body part is transformed into a mangled mass of flesh and bone and is completely useless. Head, Chest, Stomach, or Vitals: the character is dead.
Recovering from the effects of this spell is possible in one of three ways. As most of this healing is gradual, once an entire stage’s amount of BODY is healed the effects no longer apply.
- Wrapping the afflicted body part in silver mesh will heal 1 BODY transformed per day. [PS: Apothecary -3 to know this, SS: Herbalism and KS: Arcane Lore complement]
- If the target personally kills the caster the BODY transformed will be instantly reversed, recovering 1 BODY per minute. [KS: Arcane Lore to know this]
- Dispel Akyrus or Dispel Essence capable of dispelling an amount of ESS equal to half the BODY transformed. [Thaumaturgy to know this, Akyrus skill levels apply]
|1||Severe Transform 1/2d6|
|2||Severe Transform 1d6|
|3||Severe Transform 1 1/2d6|
|4||Severe Transform 2d6|
|5||Severe Transform 3d6-1|
|6||Severe Transform 3d6|
|7||Severe Transform 4d6-1|
|8||Severe Transform 4d6|
|9||Severe Transform 4 1/2d6|
|10||Severe Transform 5d6|
|11||Severe Transform 5 1/2d6|
|12||Severe Transform 6d6|
|13||Severe Transform 7d6-1|