|Focus:||A pinch of powdered rust|
- Limited Range (-1/4)
- Partial Transform (+1/2)
- Multiple Healing Options (-1/4)
- Spell (+0)
This spell accelerates the natural decay process. As the victim suffers the effects of entropic decay, he becomes more and more greatly impaired until he is rendered an invalid. If entropic energy continues to flow into the target he may ultimately be killed.
The target is transformed into an aged/decayed version of itself in stages based on the fraction of BODY that has suffered this transformation.
- 1/2x BODY: The target appears to age 1/4 of his racial average lifespan and will generally appear to be “old”. If inanimate, the object appears worn and aged, although still functional.
- 1x BODY: The target ages 1/3 of his racial average lifespan and becomes enfeebled. He is at -5 STR and -1 to all DEX Rolls and OCV. Inanimate objects are obviously weakened, reduced by -2 DEF -1 BODY.
- 1 1/2x BODY: The target ages 2/3 of his racial average lifespan and now appears decrepit. He is at -10 STR, -5 CON, and -2 BODY, and Movement is reduced by -4m. Inanimate objects are nearly at the end of their useful cycle, and are reduced by -4 DEF and -2 BODY.
- 2x BODY: The target ages a number of years equal to his racial average lifespan and becomes incapacitated. The target’s mind is clouded in dementia, although an EGO roll at -5 will allow him to exercise a mental action, provided he does not need to speak or use gestures. Inanimate objects decay into their most natural, useless state.
Recovering from the effects of this spell is possible in one of three ways. As most of this healing is gradual, once an entire stage’s amount of BODY is healed the effects no longer apply. After each remedy is listed the skill roll required to know the remedy; any practitioner who knows this spell will know all three.
- Eating a freshly harvested egg each day will restore 1 BODY transformed to the character. This remedy does nothing at the last stage of effect. [PS: Apothecary -3 to know, complemented by SS: Herbalism and KS: Arcane Lore]
- The target or object must be immersed in a special bath. This bath is comprised of an inorganic basin filled with 1 liter of natural spring water per 2 kg of the object’s mass mixed with 10 grams (1 coin) of pure silver (most coins are not pure) per 10kg of the affected object under a moonless night sky for one hour (which turn to lead after use). After immersion the target will heal 1 BODY transformed per hour. Once at the last stage of effect, the coins must be gold and the amount doubled (the coins still turn to lead after use). [PS: Alchemist -3 to know, complemented by SS: Alchemy and KS: Arcane Lore]
- Dispel Akyrus or Dispel Essence capable of dispelling an amount of ESS equal half the amount of damage (i.e., amount transformed). [Thaumaturgy to know, Akyrus skill levels apply]
|1||Severe Transform 1 point|
|2||Severe Transform 1/2d6|
|3||Severe Transform 1d6|
|4||Severe Transform 1d6+1|
|4||Severe Transform 1d6+1|
|5||Severe Transform 1 1/2d6|
|6||Severe Transform 2d6|
|7||Severe Transform 2d6+1|
|8||Severe Transform 2 1/2d6|
|9||Severe Transform 3d6|
|10||Severe Transform 3d6+1|
|11||Severe Transform 3 1/2d6|
|12||Severe Transform 4d6|
|13||Severe Transform 4d6+1|